FIXED: [12.00b2] Overwrite mode indicator persists

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
pjj

FIXED: [12.00b2] Overwrite mode indicator persists

Post by pjj »

If you set document mode to "Overwrite", you get instant visual hint in the status bar: appropriate part of it is painted in dark blue. When you close all documents, mode is reverted to default, i.e. insert, but dark blue color persist (and the word "insert" is not displayed.) When you open another document, "Insert" reappears, but still on dark blue background.

If you set "Overwrite" mode in one document and open new one, it is opened in "Insert" mode, but with dark blue background. This is, btw, in opposition to Column mode, which is set for all documents. I wonder which behavior is better; I guess both types should be set independently, per document, i.e. if one has insert + column, another should be able to have insert + row. Probably at least column mode should be reverted to row if all documents are closed, as overwrite is reverted to insert.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [12.00b2] Overwrite mode indicator persists

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I can't reproduce it.

1. If I set overwrite mode and open a second document - overwrite mode is still active.
2. If I close all document I'm still in overwrite mode. The "Overwrite" text disappears though, but the background is blue.
3. Opened document are in overwrite mode after closing all documents.

This is a standard behavior, I think, for both column mode and overwrite mode in most editors. Column or overwrite mode should be active until you change it.

BTW. Do you run a script when opening or closing a file? Use any save options that may interfere with the standard behavior?
pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote:1. If I set overwrite mode and open a second document - overwrite mode is still active.
You are right! But then again, I am right, too: try opening new (empty) document (sorry, I should have been more precise.)
Rickard Johansson wrote:2. If I close all document I'm still in overwrite mode. The "Overwrite" text disappears though, but the background is blue.
Correct. And when you open new empty document, it is in the insert mode (with dark blue background).
Rickard Johansson wrote:BTW. Do you run a script when opening or closing a file? Use any save options that may interfere with the standard behavior?
I run my script only manually, but I guess it's not a problem, since the crux is that you need to create new documents to see behavior I described.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Fixed in next release:
1. Overwrite text when closing all documents.
2. Current insert/overwrite mode is respected when creating new documents.