Where is V15.22 ??

Information about the next release of RJ TextEd.
DerellLicht1

Where is V15.22 ??

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I've tried looking at several download sites, but I keep seeing 15.20 or 15.21...

At this point, I think 15.22 is my go-to version for the rest of my life!!!
I wish this version of RJTE had been available about 10 years ago, when I first started realizing that MultiEdit was abandoned, and would never be updated again (though it *really* needed it)... I mucked around with PsPad for a few years, but he has a major flaw that he is unable to fix, and probably never *will* fix...

But now RJTE is here, at V15.22 is a magical editor that I dearly wish I had access to a decade or so back!!
It's sort of sad, that I'm retired now... but I still do a fair bit of coding, and this is definitely my working editor for the rest of my career...

I have a backup of the working files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RJ TextEd, but I would wish to be able to do a clean 15.22 install on any new machine, and then just apply my AppData onto that...

pjj

Re: Where is V15.22 ??

Post by pjj »

You need to install major version first -- by downloading the installer -- and then use built-in update function (Help > Check for updates) to get the most fresh minor version:
Please install the major version above first, before you try to install the update.
https://www.rj-texted.se/download.html
or download the updater manually:
Update file to v15.22
If the auto update feature doesn't work properly you can download the update files below (Windows XP/Vista/Linux(Wine)):
Please install the major version above first, before you try to install the update.
https://www.rj-texted.se/download.html
DerellLicht1 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 00:38
But now RJTE is here, at V15.22 is a magical editor that I dearly wish I had access to a decade or so back!!
Don't we all? ;)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus