Very simple session management script

Ask questions about how to create a script or swap scripts with other users.
pjj

Very simple session management script

Post by pjj »

A couple of days ago I felt the need to have session management in RJ TE. I still hope someday Rickard will deliver us something that would be, as usual, very handy and powerful, much more powerful than my little script, but till then you can use my script. Here's some specs:
1) sessions are kept in *.txt files, located in /layouts dir
2) list of sessions is kept in sessions.csv, located in /scripts dir
3) sessions to restore are displayed from the newest to the oldest
4) sessions to delete are displayed from the oldest to the newest
There is hardcoded limit of 5 sessions that are available to restore or delete (you can have more in sessions.csv, though.) Sessions are deleted from sessions.csv, but actual files stay in /layouts dir (I'm not sure if it's possible to delete files with FastScript at all.)

Please send your bug reports here. I can't promise I will add any new features, though; the thing is I coded it almost blindly, guessing what a certain FS function could do (I still have no idea e.g. how to add text to the window and put it right where I want it to be displayed :?) FS docs are a failure. FS is strongly typed and I don't find it funny, either. But, all in all, I enjoyed the experience. I hope you will enjoy my script, too.
Attachments
manage-sessions.zip
ver. 26.03.2012
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus