About extensions

Upload your own extensions or ask other users for help in creating one.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

About extensions

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Extensions are just script files that are run at startup. Then they wait for an event to occur. The event can be a selected menu item, or a button clicked on, added by the extension.

Create all extensions using the Quickbar => User Scripts tools. For more information on how to create an extension - please look in the program help.

Here are two simple extension demo's you can try out.

AddMenu
This one adds a new menu to the program. The menu items just display a simple message box, but it may give you an idea how to create a new menu or new menu items.
AddMenu.zip
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 1628 times
AddSidebarPage
This demo adds a new page in the sidebar at startup. It contains of a drop down list and a listbox. Selecting an item in the drop down list, will change the contents in the listbox. Selecting an item in the listbox, will just show you a message box.

Add an extension to the program
Open "Addons => Extensions" and click on the button "Import from file...". Select a downloaded extension. The extension must be in a ZIP-file.

You can also add extensions from "Addons => Addons online", if available.

Don't forget to restart the program after you have activated an extension.
Attachments
AddSidebarPage.zip
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 1505 times
pjj

Re: About extensions

Post by pjj »

Would you please explain what AddSidebarPage is supposed to do again? Where exactly should I look for the new page? ...Ah, I can see it now: I had to change sidebar tabs view to "icons"; with "captions", this new page is not visible and hence inaccessible.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I've updated the "AddSidebarPage" demo extension and added a caption. The new page should read "Test", if captions are displayed.
Aleks842

Post by Aleks842 »

Could you please update the links above?

PS. Sorry. I found them.