Ctrl + F (Search, Find, Text to find) not scrolling to result?

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
inspector71

Ctrl + F (Search, Find, Text to find) not scrolling to result?

Post by inspector71 » 29 Nov 2018 03:25

Hello

With the latest update - which I hugely appreciate would have involved substantial work and I'm very thankful for the continued support - unfortunately there appears to be a new bug in an elementary function: finding text by keyword.

Is it just me and my settings?

Actual:

1. Ctrl + F - Search box loads, Find tab is default, cursor in the "Text to find" box ... all good so far.
2. Type something, hit Enter ... Search box disappears. That's it. Nothing else happens! :)

Expected:

1. Ctrl + F - Search box loads, Find tab is default, cursor in the "Text to find" box ... all good so far.
2. Type something, hit Enter ... Search box disappears, window scrolls document (if required) to section of the file near the found text, highlighting the found text.

- No, I'm pretty sure this is not simply a case of the keyword not being found. If that were the case, there'd hopefully be some UX to inform me of this.

- Nope, not a case sensitivity issue

- Checked whether results are appearing in a panel (whilst the panel stays hidden) as I have results set to do (and still works) in Find in Files mode ... nope.

I think proof of a problem is when I hit F3 I get the expected behaviour in that the document is scrolled to the found text.

pjj

Re: Ctrl + F (Search, Find, Text to find) not scrolling to result?

Post by pjj » 29 Nov 2018 11:33

I was trying to replicate the bug, but found nothing (with one exception, see below*): everything works OK on my end (scrolling, highlight). Must be your settings, then, I presume.

*) when you pick "Highlight all items found" and click on "Find", nothing is highlighted; I guess this button should be inactive when this output option is marked
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: Ctrl + F (Search, Find, Text to find) not scrolling to result?

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 05 Dec 2018 14:29

I can't replicate it using my configuration.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi...

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/