QUESTION - Where do I configure panel animation?

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
yereverluvinuncleber

QUESTION - Where do I configure panel animation?

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Is there any way to change the behaviour of the slide-out panels? I have the project explorer nested nicely into the left hand side of the RJTe window where it is handy.

Unfortunately it has two aspects I really don't want. Firstly whenever I hover over the tab the whole project viewer slides out in an animated fashion. My mouse often strays over that panel when I am selecting a line or merely parking my mouse and it pops up in an unwanted fashion. I only want it to appear when I click upon it (I might also like to be able to assign a key sequence perhaps that would open it) but I certainly do not want it to open when the mouse hovers over it. That is simply annoying behaviour.

Also, when the panel loses focus, ie. the user clicks upon another part of RJTe, then the panel slides away in an animated fashion, the animation is jerky and annoying and I'd rather it just disappeared with no animation at all. Animation is fine when indicating an action for the first time or when emulating something in real life that slides in a similar fashion but for the project panel I just want it to close now and be done with.

The perfect method of opening and closing the project view panel would be to click somewhere in the tab once to open and then click in the exact same position to close without having to move the mouse at all. In that way I can open and close the panel in two stationary clicks. If the panel has to close automatically, (I'd prefer to determine that for myself) then it ought to just close instantly.

If there is any way of configuring this action then please let me know? If not then I'll add it to a feature request.

PS. The word behaviour appears in the forum default editor as a mis-spelled word. Nothing to do with RJTe but it looks as if the spellchecker on the forum needs an update to incorporate non-US spellings. Had me worried for a moment :)
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: QUESTION - Where do I configure panel animation?

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Try to uncheck the option "Automatically open hidden panels on mouse hover" in "Options -> Style and fonts -> Panels".

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: QUESTION - Where do I configure panel animation?

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Thankyou Rickard. I may have set that setting initially myself, to revert I had searched the help but never thought to look in styles and fonts. Suggestion: That might be in a mis-named location for panel amongst the other items. I think I'd have a section for tabs and panels. That solves the automatic hover-over slide-in.

Is there a way to close the panel on demand? Every time I automatically click on the 'x' close button to close the panel it sends the panel away completely, the tab is gone. I keep doing that by mistake.
Then I have to go and get it back again and when it is open I have to click elsewhere and wait for that awful animation to park the panel back into a tab.

I'd much rather that 'x' allowed us to close the tab at will and park the tab rather than shutting down the tab completely.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/