Troubles regarding brightness.

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
barbara.dup

Troubles regarding brightness.

Post by barbara.dup »

Hi!

I have been using Textpad as my main text editor for years, but now I'm switching to RJ TextEd because of its wider features set and because Textpad, all of as sudden, is arising conflicts with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libraries.

I'm affected by eyes illness and I have became photophobic (i.e. I have a low tolerence level to light, so exposition to bright source generates discomfort).

For this reason my pc's monitor is always set to the lowest emission and furthermore I use DimScreen ver. 1.1 to get an even darker image.

RJ TextEd presents a problem that, if no remedy will be found, will render it unusable to me: menus "flash" over the main windows; in other words, the main window feels the effect of DImScreen but the menus don't and blaze a vivid light.

Please, can you suggest any hint to resolve this complication ?

DimScreen is my only darkner because all others that I have tried, in a way or in another, generate problems, and I can't move to a different one.

I own different computers, running Windows Xp, Seven, etc., but the most important operating system is, for my activity, Xp.

Thanks for reading my post.
Have a great day !

Barbara

pjj

Re: Troubles regarding brightness.

Post by pjj »

I don't think anything could be done with RJ TE itself to help you in your situation due to the way DimScreen works (I may be flat out wrong on this, mind you, even though I have downloaded and run it and found out other programs worked the same way). I can thus see two options:
1) install and experiment with f.lux (I'm pretty sure you have done this, but I guess I mention it anyway)
2) use another theme (Environment > Themes) with dark background for menus, e.g. Charcoal Dark Slate, Glossy etc.

Hope that helps!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

barbara.dup

Post by barbara.dup »

A really beneficial advice, thanks ! I'm exploring Charcoal Dark Slate theme and it seems to work good indeed. Only a bit of fine tuning of menus is still required and I'm going to study how to customize it. Thanks again !

pjj

Post by pjj »

I'm glad I could help :-D
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus