View Set Font ignores after Save

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
Rocketmanx34

View Set Font ignores after Save

Post by Rocketmanx34 »

I'm using version 14.51 (64 bit) and most of the files I need to see in generic Courier font. Regardless whether I use View/Set Font, or Set Alternative Font, or Use Alternative Font, one of those I would expect to preserve Courier as my default. I think I found that it should stay at least with that file. It does not. I don't know if this is a "bug" or I'm not getting it.

How can I open files of .dat or .bdf extension such that Courier New is the operative font, so I don't have to do it manually each time?

Thanks in advance

pjj

Re: View Set Font ignores after Save

Post by pjj »

Fonts are set per highlighter (plus one default for all types of files); add .dat and .bdf extensions to your desired highlighter (Environment > Add-ons > Highlighters > (pick one)) and then associate Courier with this highlighter (Environment > Options > Font and tabs > (pick your highlighter) > Font settings).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rocketmanx34

Post by Rocketmanx34 »

Well I tried to follow your instructions. When I get to the latter instruction, I picked thee Fortran Highlighter that I added .dat and .bdf files to. It seems to not allow any change to the Font. It is hard-wired as TT Consolas Size 10 (with Arial Size 10 as "Alternative Font", which is also not changeable). I can't find "Plain Text" in the Highlighters, in order to add the .dat and .bdf extensions. Is "Plain Text" not changeable?

pjj

Post by pjj »

You need to set appropriate highlighter (e.g. Fortran) and then check the checkbox to be able to set custom font:
set-font-per-highlighter.png
set-font-per-highlighter.png (6.62 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
There is no "plain text" highlighter per se: files with extensions that are not attached to any highlighter will be displayed as such.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rocketmanx34

Post by Rocketmanx34 »

I'm at the same screen you show, and I had to reduce the window sizing lest it was not visible to the right, lol! I did not see any "Accept" or "Okay" button... Seems to be "working", however, with me just closing the window with the "X". Why does some of the text (seems to be limited to numbers) come up as Red rather than Black?

Thanks for your assistance!

pjj

Post by pjj »

Rocketmanx34 wrote:
29 Jun 2020 00:47
Why does some of the text (seems to be limited to numbers) come up as Red rather than Black?
Do you mean in the Options window? No idea. Do you use any special theme (Environment > Themes)? Or maybe it is your OS' setting? If not, I bet Rickard would be interested to look into it :)
Rocketmanx34 wrote:
29 Jun 2020 00:47
Thanks for your assistance!
You are very welcome!