File Manager List View, Right Panel

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
HSeldon

File Manager List View, Right Panel

Post by HSeldon »

I have had this issue for a very long time. I would like to know if anyone else can confirm it.

1. Install rj-portable-14.61, 64-bit version on Windows 10.
2. Start RJ TextEd.
3. Open File Manager.
4. Set both Panels to 'List' view.
5. Close RJ TextEd.
6. Open RJ TextEd.
7. Open File Manager.

At this point I see the right panel in 'Thumbnail' view.
This only occurs for 'List' view, and always for the right panel only. 'Details' view work correctly.
I have looked for some obscure setting in options and found none.
I have tried modifying the INI file after closing.
I cannot get RJ TextEd to start with right panel of File Manager in 'List' view.
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

pjj

Re: File Manager List View, Right Panel

Post by pjj »

I'd like to help, but...
HSeldon wrote:
03 Aug 2020 21:59
1. Install rj-portable-14.61, 64-bit version on Windows 10.
Instruction unclear: how am I supposed to install portable version? :?

8)
HSeldon wrote:
03 Aug 2020 21:59
I cannot get RJ TextEd to start with right panel of File Manager in 'List' view.
Can confirm this behavior in the newest (14.61) version, non-portable.

PS. What happened to the dot? Did you exchange it for avatar? Or is it simply another Hari on the forum?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

HSeldon

Post by HSeldon »

Sorry about the poor choice of words. I should have said I used a fresh download of portable version with default settings.

I have not posted on this forum for quite a while. I thought my username was H.Seldon, but I could not remember my password, and I must have had a different email address at that time. Consequently, I was not able to retrieve my password. So, I had to create a new account.

I'm glad you are able to confirm the issue. I'll go ahead and report it as a bug.
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

pjj

Post by pjj »

HSeldon wrote:
04 Aug 2020 08:10
Sorry about the poor choice of words. I should have said (...)
Take it easy, mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment :wink:
HSeldon wrote:
04 Aug 2020 08:10
I have not posted on this forum for quite a while. I thought my username was H.Seldon, but I could not remember my password, and I must have had a different email address at that time.
As a humble moderator I can't help you, but you may contact Rickard in this regard (if you prefer to do so), for he can reset your password on your old account. Anyway, good to see you again after 5 years :-D
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

HSeldon

Post by HSeldon »

Thanks! I thought to contact Rickard, but since I can't remember my email address or my password from back then, I didn't think I could prove I'm the real H.Seldon.

pjj

Post by pjj »

HSeldon wrote:
04 Aug 2020 08:52
(...) I didn't think I could prove I'm the real H.Seldon.
Are you saying you foresaw you wouldn't be able to prove it? But since H.Seldon could foresee things, it is a strong indication you are the real H.Seldon! In other words, it is a strong foundation for such a claim ;)

HSeldon

Post by HSeldon »

O.K. I have sent a request to support. I'll keep the vault open and we'll see what happens.