Can't use Shift+Backspace as a hotkey

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
crtrubshaw

Can't use Shift+Backspace as a hotkey

Post by crtrubshaw »

Hi Rickard, it seems I am unable to assign Shift+Backspace as a hotkey, it was assigned to the function "Delete text from current position to the beginning of the line" but it wasn't working (it only did a single backspace). I think this issue was around before this latest beta but cannot be sure since when, it is definitely an issue in 11.20 beta 2 (64-bit).
pjj

Re: Can't use Shift+Backspace as a hotkey

Post by pjj »

I believe I have already posted this hint, but can't find it right now :( Anyway, you can edit TextEd.kbd (possibly with another editor) and add "Shift+BkSp" where you need it, manually. Yup, workaround, but I can hardly imagine how else you could use backspace in the text field as a shortcut key indicator and not as, well, backspace :wink:
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
crtrubshaw

Post by crtrubshaw »

Thanks for the tip pjj, it has picked it up in the keyboard settings but it still doesn't appear to do anything, just a single backspace.
snip.jpg
snip.jpg (280.95 KiB) Viewed 13442 times
pjj

Post by pjj »

I tried it out with (randomly chosen) ColumnModeAction and it worked well. I suppose it may have something to do with DeleteToBeginOfLineAction, which doesn't work for me with any other shortcut -- does it work for you?

Btw, I just remembered the real trick: you write e.g. "Ctrl+BkSp" in RJ TE, copy it and paste with a mouse into appropriate field in keyboard customization window: no need to use any other editor 8)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
crtrubshaw

Post by crtrubshaw »

That's strange, the function is not available for me, it's greyed out in the menu, I assigned the shortcut to the "DeleteToBeginOfScreenLineAction" (using the mouse paste trick :wink:) and it works fine.
snip.jpg
snip.jpg (252.43 KiB) Viewed 13438 times
pjj

Post by pjj »

It is grayed out for me, too, but the shortcut doesn't work :( Well, yeah. Good for you! :-D
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

"Delete to begin of line" should work again in v11.21 (final).