FIXED: v13.30b1 - GoTo line number

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
vha

FIXED: v13.30b1 - GoTo line number

Post by vha »

Seems like GoTo <line> isn't working

Also, is it possible to have the line number edit box as the default focus field in the goto dialog box (as it was before)

Tx, vha
crtrubshaw

Re: v13.30b1 - GoTo line number

Post by crtrubshaw »

+1

Please make the Line:Column box have the focus by default, or allow assignable shortcuts to open the Goto box with either the Functions box or the Line:Column box with focus.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Maybe remember the last used edit box would be enough. Personally, I never use the "goto line", but love the find function feature. I think saving the last used box is better than an option...
vha

Post by vha »

It seems this one (GoTo not working) is related with this one:

Hitting Enter with the focus in the GoTo tab executes a Find text (so Enter is executed on the next tab instead of the current tab)

vha
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Right you are. It's fixed in next release and the focused edit box is now remembered between sessions.
crtrubshaw

Re: FIXED: v13.30b1 - GoTo line number

Post by crtrubshaw »

Hi Rickard, might you consider adding shortcuts for the different goto fields? I often use goto line, debugging scripts, e.g. error on line 196, but I can also see myself using the goto function quite a bit, and it will be nice to launch either via a shortcut.

Many thanks.
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: FIXED: v13.30b1 - GoTo line number

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

I generally use ctrl+g (ie. the goto tab) as a quick jump to a line number. The programming environments that I use have a debug window that displays the current line number where an error has occurred.

I then ctrl+g in the editor and expect to be able to type in the faulty line number to jump straight to that point in the program to see the offending line of code and debug it.

For me, it is more important to have that functionality as the default action no matter how much I like the new ability to jump to a function, procedure or other similar construct. A default switch to determine the functionality?
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/