FIXED? [14.90b1] Panels list

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
pjj

FIXED? [14.90b1] Panels list

Post by pjj »

Editor's panels list (View > Panels) could benefit from some tweaking: this list could be sorted alphabetically (right now entries' order seems to be random), with LSP Client being in the middle of list (why put in on the top?), and (perhaps) instead of sub-menu for it, allow for displaying all the entries in the main list (with LSP Client mentioned right after their names, i.e. e.g. "Diagnostics (LSP Client)"). I think it will help with their discoverability.

To add to it, when I open e.g. Diagnostics panel via main menu and then close it by clicking on the x icon, menu in Panels is not refreshed, still showing a tick by a name of this (already closed) panel.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [14.90b1] Panels list

Post by Rickard Johansson »

To add to it, when I open e.g. Diagnostics panel via main menu and then close it by clicking on the x icon, menu in Panels is not refreshed, still showing a tick by a name of this (already closed) panel.
I noticed that too. It's already fixed in the next release.

I can change the menu item order, but it will only be alphabetically in English. For most other language it will still be in a seemingly random order.