SOLVED: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
yereverluvinuncleber

SOLVED: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 03 Jan 2019 17:59

This button, in particular the tooltip on this button - on recent versions of RJTe it seldom ever displays a tooltip, all the other icons do so correctly and on occasion even this one does too but the majority of the time it does not. It displays nothing.

So, this appears to be a bug, be it ever so small. What I would request is that when you fix it you instead allow the tooltip to display the currently assigned run command as defined in project/configuration/run settings/run.

As I have twenty-six current projects and potentially a lot more, it would be very useful to know whether (and which) run command has been assigned to the run button by simply hovering over the run button to display a more informative tooltip.
Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on 09 Jan 2019 11:11, edited 3 times in total.
Noli pati a scelestis opprimi...

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: BUG/REQUEST: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by Rickard Johansson » 04 Jan 2019 12:49

Fixed and added to v13.60 (final).

I added the project name to hints for all project toolbar buttons and I also added the current macro name to the macro play button hint.

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: DONE: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 04 Jan 2019 16:11

Very useful - will test.

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: DONE: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 07 Jan 2019 13:47

Version 13.6 beta 1 64 - All my tooltips have gone now, from all buttons.

Is there an option I need to enable or configure? I searched in the project and environment configuration options.

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: BUG: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 09 Jan 2019 05:12

A restart and the tooltips are back.

I managed to view the tooltip for the project run button and for a brief moment whilst the tooltips were accessible I can confirm that I saw my defined project run command within the tooltip, however, tooltips come and go as they please.
Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on 09 Jan 2019 11:38, edited 2 times in total.

yereverluvinuncleber

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 09 Jan 2019 11:19

There is a very minor problem extant in RJTe with the tooltips. Mine are appearing and disappearing without an obvious reason.

When I start my system and initiate RJTe from the command line using a line such as this:
"E:\dean\steampunk theme\Steampunk Media Player.rjproj" - within one of my programs, then the tooltips are often not accessible.

ie. I hover over the various menu icons and the tooltips do not show for any of the icons.

Then, if I close RJTe and open it from the start menu or via explorer then I can sometimes see the tooltips again.

However, if I then minimise RJTe and then bring it back to main focus, the tooltips are lost. Once they are gone the second time I struggle to get them back again to no avail.

Tooltips are working for my system as a whole, and they are also working within RJTe when I hover over an open tab - just not when hovering over the various icons.

I am running 13.6 beta 3.

Does this occur to anyone else?

yereverluvinuncleber

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 09 Jan 2019 14:05

At some point during the day, the tooltips just started working again and I don't have a clue as to why...

yereverluvinuncleber

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 09 Jan 2019 22:24

But now they are gone!

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson » 10 Jan 2019 15:06

I've tried to reproduce this on several systems, but I haven't had any luck. Tooltips may be disabled when the main window is inactive, but that's it. :?

yereverluvinuncleber

Re: ??? BUG: Run Button Tooltip Shows Designated Command

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 10 Jan 2019 19:02

Very strange - I will try to see when/why it occurs and report back.

yereverluvinuncleber

Post by yereverluvinuncleber » 11 Jan 2019 01:55

I have discovered what it was. It is a conflict with another program when run in a particular mode.

The program is xwidgets. If a widget is run with a higher window priority than RJTe then the tooltips are not generated. If the widget is positioned behind RJTe then the tooltips are restored.

I have a small indicating widget that was being moved to the forefront periodically as an alert for an incoming chat. When it came to the front it stayed there and during those times, the tooltips disappeared. When I dismissed the alarm the tooltips came back.

I could report this unwanted feature to the xwidget developer but he has abandoned his product.

Sorry for the false alarm but at least it is good to find out what it was.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson » 11 Jan 2019 09:26

Sorry for the false alarm but at least it is good to find out what it was.
Yes it is and thank you for investigating the issue.