FIXED: [Save As Remote] first save (per session?) defaults to local not remote

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

FIXED: [Save As Remote] first save (per session?) defaults to local not remote

Post by inspector71 »

Hi

Thanks for the ongoing development, much appreciated.

Unsure what internal scenario, other than a generic concept of what would seemingly be a 'session' (like a browser's reloading of previous tabs/state is known, at least in Firefox, as a "session") possibly reset by ...

- restarting the computer (including from hibernate, with RJTE previously running)
- changing network connection (different Wi-Fi routers and/or from wifi to wired)
- restarting RJTE with restore previous tabs enabled
- maybe a loss / timeout (in the background, unknown to users) of FTP connection

... but after a new 'session' is started, the first save of a file, using Ctrl + S in my case, defaults to opening the local file system dialog.

Not a big deal in the broader sense in that it's not a crash or data lost. Just mildly annoying in the way that anything semi-regular that is predictably 'broken', can be :)

Can be very quickly 'fixed' with Ctrl + Shift + S (but it might take a long time for me to relearn I could default to this key combo, :o :lol: ) so I understand it may not be a high priority, but ... if nobody else reports it, maybe it might not improve.

Thanks again. Do not want to be a serial bug reporter in the complaining context alone. So I'll re-iterate that, aside from code folding/highlighting quirks here and there, RJTE is running quite well for my use cases :-D I very much appreciate the sFTP crashing fixes despite the (understandable / reasonably fair, but awkward for me) protests of others in this forum :lol:
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [Save As Remote] first save (per session?) defaults to local not remote

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Seems to happen if you use "File -> Hibernate" or the program is forcefully closed (restart or an program update).

Anyway, it's been fixed in the next release (v15.40). Thanks!