Changing encoding does not work correctly

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
Post Reply
Kirou
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Sep 2017 14:13

Changing encoding does not work correctly

Post by Kirou » 06 Sep 2017 14:41

My task:
Change a term and the encoding (ANSI to UTF-8 without BOM) on several hundreds of files.

When I replace a term across several hundred files, the term is changed without a problem.
When I change the encoding prior to replacing the term, this change works for about 60 % of the files, the remaining 40 % remain in ANSI format.

The option "convert file encoding" does not work for at all as all files become gibberish right after converting them from ANSI to UTF-8 w/o BOM.

Does anyone have an idea how to execute my task successfully or why RJ Text Ed is not working as supposed?

I am using version 12.3.

Other than that - a really GREAT tool.

User avatar
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin
Posts: 5550
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29

Re: Changing encoding does not work correctly

Post by Rickard Johansson » 06 Sep 2017 15:28

Would you mind post an example file so I can test it?

Post Reply