Spell Checker Lockup

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
GD-Ed

Spell Checker Lockup

Post by GD-Ed » 10 Oct 2017 02:47

Rickard,

What a great program! I felt at home with it from the first launch and quickly updated two of my websites. The validator even caught errors my old editor had missed - wonderful! Then, emboldened, I decided to spell check the pages, something I seldom bothered with with my old editor as it did it very slowly because of all the special code and abbreviations it encountered.

The program now crashes repeatedly when using the spell checker (English-US dictionary). At first it handled a number of pages with no problems, but as the number of "ignore" or "ignore-all" clicks accumulated it seemed to lock up nearer the top of the page, requiring a restart of the program. Now it cannot even get part way down a page it had completed earlier. Is some buffer or file getting overloaded? How to fix this?

I did a search of the bug reports using "spell checker" but was unable to find anything under that heading.

Oh, Very nice that it restarts and saves the data up to where it died!

Thanks

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Spell Checker Lockup

Post by Rickard Johansson » 11 Oct 2017 21:49

I think most users use the auto spell feature (red wavy lines that indicate a misspelling). I seldom make any improvements to the manual spell check feature and I rarely get any request to do so.

I'll take a look at it, but without a reproducibly test case I may not be able to do much...