FIXED: [Syntax highlighter: JS] Small bug involving comments

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

FIXED: [Syntax highlighter: JS] Small bug involving comments

Post by inspector71 » 10 Oct 2017 02:50

Hi

I love the native RJTE syntax highlighting. In particular I love how it differentiates b/w single and double-quotes strings. There's room for improvement but RJTE doesn't lack anything in the highlighting department that other editors have, yet offers more granular highlighting as well. Superb.

Unfortunately there's one small bug with the JS highlighting. Or at least I assume it's specific to JS highlighting. If I use column highlighting to block comment a chunk of lines, some of which are empty, highlighting is largely broken for a significant section of the file thereafter. Largely, but not completely in that strings (at least, single quoted strings) are still assigned a colour, but everything else is just default (white font for me as I'm using "SmokeyQuartz Kamri"). Significant section being the next couple of functions at least, possibly until the end of file, I've not worked that out completely yet.

I think it's an issue with empty comment lines because when I remove them, usually the highlighting returns to normal. Sometimes it doesn't though but I think that may be more of an issue with how often, or just how, syntax highlighting is applied.

Thanks again for your software. It's truly brilliant. Puts my tortured UltraEdit days in massive context. I just wish I could contribute more to bug fixes to make it even better :)

Paul

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [Syntax highlighter: JS] Small bug involving comments

Post by Rickard Johansson » 11 Oct 2017 21:37

I can't reproduce it. Can you give me an example to work with?

inspector71

Re: ??? [Syntax highlighter: JS] Small bug involving comments

Post by inspector71 » 12 Oct 2017 02:09

Can do, later on today :) Might need to massage the file(s) in case there's embarrassing/sensitive code in it, LOL

inspector71

Post by inspector71 » 13 Oct 2017 03:17

Kinda only have time for before/after screenshot examples ATM but will get to sending a code example ASAP:

Before:

After:

Note how the highlighting returns to normal not too far down the file? That seems indicative but I can't help further yet.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson » 13 Oct 2017 14:38

I found the issue. Thanks!

Fixed in v12.41.

inspector71

Re: FIXED: [Syntax highlighter: JS] Small bug involving comments

Post by inspector71 » 16 Oct 2017 08:02

Yeeha!

Superb. Super glad I could help as well :)

Looking forward to updating. I'm a vertical comment nut, at times. Hahah

Now for a bit of that warm afterglow from success:

Noice!