FIXED: Hotkeys in find/replace (single line bar)

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
crtrubshaw

FIXED: Hotkeys in find/replace (single line bar)

Post by crtrubshaw » 22 Nov 2017 12:04

Hi Rickard, I can't use the any of the hotkeys for the find/replace buttons when using the search as a single line bar, Find (Alt+D), Find All (Alt+A), Replace (Alt+R) and Replace All (Alt+L) all do nothing. I have checked for conflicts in the "Customize keyboard..." environment settings but there are none.

snip.jpg
snip.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Hotkeys in find/replace (single line bar)

Post by Rickard Johansson » 22 Nov 2017 13:26

The shortcut only change focus to that button. You have to press ENTER for something to happen.

(I know the focus rectangle can be hard to see on some Windows versions... not much I can do about it)

crtrubshaw

Post by crtrubshaw » 22 Nov 2017 16:19

I don't think I ever had to press ENTER to make find/replace actions happen before, surely the shortcut should perform the action? You don't hit Ctrl+S, then hit ENTER to save.

Anyway, please can you add keyboard options that we can assign our own shortcuts to, at the moment the only one I can see is "FindNextAction", and if I assign Alt+D to it, it works, but there are no options for FindAll, Replace, or ReplaceAll.

Many thanks!

snip.jpg
snip.jpg (259.49 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

crtrubshaw

Post by crtrubshaw » 29 Nov 2017 17:46

Hi Rickard, I'm just wondering if you are able to do something about the shortcut keys for find/replace. It really does appear to me that the given key combinations should be as they appear on the keys, usually the underlined key will trigger the action when pressed in combination with the ALT key.

Find Next (Alt+D)
Replace (Alt+R)
Find All (Alt+A)
Replace All (Alt+L)

Thank you.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson » 06 Dec 2017 22:58

It's been fixed in the next release (v12.60).