FIXED? Word wrap issue

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
primehalo

FIXED? Word wrap issue

Post by primehalo »

Recently I've been having a word wrap issue happen frequently, but I have yet to nail down the exact steps to get it to happen every time. Basically what happens is I'll have the editor maximized (this is how I usually have it so not sure if it matters to this bug), I'll switch to a tab, and I find that the text in that tab is wrapped not to the edge of the window but to some predetermined column even though I have Word Wrap set to wrap at the window edge. Then, if I type anywhere in one of the wrapped lines, that line immediately wraps to the editor window while the other lines stay as they are.

Side note:
I attached my screenshots to this post, two image files, one a before shot and one an after shot. In the post preview the 2nd image is showing before the 1st image. Also, in the attachments area where you add and manage attachments, it is only showing my 1st image. It's not giving me any option to delete (or place inline) the 2nd image. I believe this was a known bug in phpBB 3.2.2. They are currently at phpBB 3.2.8.
Attachments
rjtexted-wrap-bug1.png
rjtexted-wrap-bug1.png (182.84 KiB) Viewed 2026 times

primehalo

Re: Word wrap issue

Post by primehalo »

Here is the 2nd screenshot which didn't show up in the original post.
Attachments
rjtexted-wrap-bug2.png
rjtexted-wrap-bug2.png (170.22 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Word wrap issue

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I can't reproduce this in v14.30. Please install v14.30 beta 1 when released and try to reproduce it again.

dustwalker

Re: FIXED? Word wrap issue

Post by dustwalker »

Hi,

I have RJ TextED options "Always set word wrap for new documents", "Save word wrap state", "Indent wrapped lines", and "word wrap at window edge" selected.

When I open a file, most of the time is word wrapped (as I want), but its word wrap goes beyond the window edge, almost as if it were overlapping the vertical scrollbar. Unclicking the word wrap button, and then clicking it solves the problem.

I usually open batch files without any trouble beyond the overextended word wrap. Three or four times, I opened batch files, and there was no vertical scrollbar, even though the batch file was bigger than the screen. Last time I unclicked the word wrap button, and then clicked it. The scrollbar appeared.

I have had this word wrap problem for some months. I tried fresh installs of RJ TextEd 14.41 in fully updated virtual machines with Windows 7 x86, Windows 7 x64, and Windows 10 x64, to no avail.

Thanks for a great program, and best regards

primehalo

Post by primehalo »

Original bug is still happening in 14.41.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I think it's fixed now in v14.50 (final). Thanks!