FIXED: Sessions all goofed up

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
ar18

FIXED: Sessions all goofed up

Post by ar18 »

Hey RJ,

Don't get mad at me but I hacked RJTextEd. Just a little though. I saved a new session and when I reopened the session, all my windows were piled up into one. I set the layout to one window in the "Default Views" function, but when I close RJTextEd and reopened my session, it was back to opening all my files in one-of-three windows. So I deleted the session and created a new one and it did the same thing. For some reason, my default power on layout is three side-by-side windows. I can't figure out how to change that behavior so out of frustration I did little snooping and noticed these three lines in the sessions.ini:

TabGroups1=1
TabGroups2=1
TabGroups3=1

Changing those to 0 fixed the problem, but why did it do that and why couldn't I fix it? Was it some setting I must have set or is it a bug or ... ?

RJ: Version 14.41 (64-bit) portable
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Sessions all goofed up

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Made some Changes and it seems to work now. Fixed in next release (v14.50).

Thanks!
uwix

Re: FIXED: Sessions all goofed up

Post by uwix »

Having this exact issue but in the latest version installed: 15.23.
The "TabGroups" 1 to 3 are always added when saving a session. Upon opening it makes my RJ TextEd crash randomly.

Removing the "TabGroups" work for one time until I save the session once more. The view is set (for sure) to default 1|0|0 beore saving the session.
Anything I can do to fix this?
A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?