??? [SFTP] Ctrl + S defaults to local if session (restarted, network ch?) resets?

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

??? [SFTP] Ctrl + S defaults to local if session (restarted, network ch?) resets?

Post by inspector71 »

Hi

Thank you for all the hard work you put in with this program. I write that all the time but no matter how many micro bugs or crashes annoy me, I know this program is still really quite good most of the time and that's worth acknowledging.

One area that could possibly be improved is defaulting to save to SFTP for files that have only ever been opened from and saved to SFTP. Instead, after RJTE restarts, the previous files are present in tabs, which is an excellent feature we possibly take for granted (because we should, I guess), but saving always defaults back to the local file system. Or, at least it does with the Ctrl + s keyboard shortcut.

Shift + Ctrl + s takes care of the problem so it's not a huge deal but it is annoying for seemingly no great reason.

If this could be changed, I'd really appreciate it as I re-open (or change the network I'm using, which appears to be a related - maybe primary - issue) RJTE at least twice a day. More when it crashes.

All the best.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [SFTP] Ctrl + S defaults to local if session (restarted, network ch?) resets?

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I've tried to reproduce this but without luck.

I use the setting below:
DefaultRemote.png
DefaultRemote.png (5.13 KiB) Viewed 763 times

inspector71

Re: ??? [SFTP] Ctrl + S defaults to local if session (restarted, network ch?) resets?

Post by inspector71 »

Thanks for looking into it.

I do have the same default setting:

Oddly though, this is unticked:

I say 'oddly' because that is exactly what has been my experience for a long time: last open files are reopening fine from the last session ... despite this preference being unticked! May not be related but seems like it might be as well.

I guess I can try to narrow down a test case for you.