Last open documents don't always reopen at startup

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
Dan Connell

Last open documents don't always reopen at startup

Post by Dan Connell »

Under Menu > Environment > Options > Editor > File I have both the options "Reopen last open documents at startup" and "Allow remote files to reopen at startup" checked. However for the last 3 updates (I think), when I have opened RJ TextEd, I have occasionally received a message saying that one or more of the files I had open when I last closed RJ TextEd can't be found. I am then given the option to create a new file. At first, I would decline because I wanted my previous file back, not a new blank file. Then I found that by choosing yes, I would get another message saying that the file had changed and asking if I wanted to reload the file. If I answered yes, the file that reloaded would be the file that RJ TextEd said it couldn't find and nothing appeared to have changed.

Within the last week RJ TextEd failed to reopen some of my last open documents, but didn't give me any warning messages like it had before. After I noticed some of the files had failed to open, I reopened them. Today, however, none of my previously opened files were reopened at startup. RJ TextEd opened to the "Home" tab and when I clicked on the "Editor" tab, it was completely blank.

The behavior is sporadic. Some days RJ TextEd reopens all of the last open documents at startup, but other days it doesn't and I haven't noticed any kind of a pattern. Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2 build 19042.110 on a desktop machine -- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz with 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable) RAM. The version of RJ TetEd that I'm using is 15.10 (64 bit).