Cooperate with WordWeb

Make a request or discuss new features.
pjj

Cooperate with WordWeb

Post by pjj »

WordWeb is very handy free English dictionary. You may set a shortcut to invoke it; if a word is selected, it is instantly searched for and its definition(s) displayed, as on the screenshot below. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with RJ TE: WW's window shows up, but selected word isn't used. Could you please look into it?

I have added WW as a tool; it doesn't work this way either (the window shows up, but neither [CurrentWord] nor [CurrentSelection] work). I don't have conflicting shortcuts.

Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Cooperate with WordWeb

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I just tried it using the default method Ctrl+RightMouse and Ctrl+Alt+W. It seems to work fine. I'm not sure the program can be used with command line options at all.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I tried it on another system and it seems it wont work if the document map is visible. I'll fix it in the next version.

pjj

Post by pjj »

Strangest thing, suddenly now it works on my side, too (both with shortcut key and tool icon) :o It also works with document map or annotation bar visible...
Rickard Johansson wrote:
04 Feb 2020 14:24
I'm not sure the program can be used with command line options at all.
Yup, probably can't be, and click on an icon just shows up its window, which then gets selected word from an underlying window (RJ TE in my case) and searches for it in its database.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus