RESOLVED REQUEST: RJTextEd Block Comment icon change.

Make a request or discuss new features.
yereverluvinuncleber

RESOLVED REQUEST: RJTextEd Block Comment icon change.

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

My request - I would suggest that the current block comment icon is a bit bland and does not really lend itself to suggesting what it is really for. This is an especial problem for me as I have not been able to switch on tooltips for RJTextEd for months now despite numerous reinstallations. Tooltips just don't show when I hover over icons so it was hard for me to find the comment block icon, it is a little non-descript...
comment04.png
comment04.png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
A graphical suggestion for replacements above extracted from classic visual studio.

comment05.png
comment05.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
Or perhaps merging the old and new?

My preference would be for the option of two separate buttons, one to add comments and the other to remove comments as per the version of visual studio that I am currently using.

I prefer to explicitly state what I want a button to do rather than have one that does one thing or another - though this is a matter of personal preference, it would be useful to have the option of adding discrete icons to the toolbar.
Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on 27 Sep 2021 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
yereverluvinuncleber

SOLVED - REQUEST: RJTextEd Block Comment icon change.

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

I will create my own icon and use the ImageListEditor.exe to make the changes, we'll see how that goes but I'd still suggest the default image should be changed. Though having the capability to edit myself is a good enough workaround for me.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RESOLVED REQUEST: RJTextEd Block Comment icon change.

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Replaced in next release (v5.20).

Comment-out.png
Comment-out.png (276 Bytes) Viewed 2817 times