Portable version without TextEd.ini

Discuss installation issues.
fred

Portable version without TextEd.ini

Post by fred »

Not a big deal but perhaps the portable version without the TextEd.ini could make extracting easier.
Now i select all and deselect the TextEd.ini before extracting, but i admit there have been times i forgot the ini and did overwrite my textEd.ini :oops:

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

If we exclude the ini file the editor will not have any active highlighters. I don't want to hard code those settings into the editor. It's a lot of data and not that easy to implement. It could also cause problems if you want to use a different highlighter for say Java files.

I'm sure that after you've managed to erase your settings a few times you'll learn to be more careful :wink:

pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote:I'm sure that after you've managed to erase your settings a few times you'll learn to be more careful :wink:
...or, better yet, use backup software on daily basis. I recommend Abakt: lamentably, it's discontinued, but it's powerful and very flexible, too; I haven't find anything better than it. Here you can download it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~edienske/abakt/-ARCHIEF/ Oh, and many thanks for the heads-up: I just added TextEd.ini from my portable RJ TE to the list of files to be backed up :D

fred

Post by fred »

A while ago i was ill and easier distracted/less carefull thats why it happened :(
I use Cobian backup but any backup will do :)