MPad (RJ Texted Lite)

News or information.
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: MPad (RJ Texted Lite)

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Yes, well, on a fast machine with instant drives, that might be the case. The only reason for a 'Lite' version is for those without lighting-fast machines. For example, my i7 3.3ghz laptop with 8gb Ram and a SATA 2 SSD takes 8 secs when opening a full project using RJTextEd with multiple files in that project, I am sure it is quicker with just one file but nowhere as quick as Context, for example, that opens in less than 1/2 a second.

There will always be SBDs or low power toaster PCs that require a fast to run editor. I am happy to use Context for ever but I'd prefer to use a RJ Texted Lite if it existed.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

hmmm... I've used Context now and then, at various times when I was looking for replacements for MultiEdit... I don't recall details, but Context lacked some features that are important to me... maybe I'll go check it out again, just to refresh my memory...
yereverluvinuncleber

Yes, Context lacks features, that is why I use RJTextEd for developing as it has the full feature set.

However, it does a lot and it was considered a decent editor in its time. It supplies a lot more than the basic editors provide and it is blisteringly quick.

I use:
RJtextEd when creating my .js desktop programs, indispensable.
NVU HTML Editor when hacking HTML or creating online HTM documentation (it is quick).
VB6 IDE when creating BASIC programs (there is no better editor for BASIC on Windows).
Visual Studio 2005/8 when converting VB6 to VB.NET
Visual Studio 2010 when doing any .NET development (heavy and slow but quicker than the bloated later offerings)
Visual Studio Code for some other experimental BASIC projects (TwinBasic &c).
Context when a quick-and-dirty edit of anything else is required.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

MPad is up and running. I still have a few issues to fix, some more testing to do, create install scripts, web pages, help...

But it shouldn't be long before a first beta release is made available.

MPad100.png
MPad100.png (40.96 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
yereverluvinuncleber

Very good, I look forward to testing it and giving feedback.

DerellLicht1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Do you have a comparison chart vs RJTE ??
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Do you have a comparison chart vs RJTE ??
No :?

Version 1.0 is available for download in the MPad forum thread.