DevTools Position.

Ask how to do things or if a certain feature is available in the program.
msall

DevTools Position.

Post by msall »

Hi,

Congratulations for the excellent Application and for your generosity in making it freeware.

Sorry, if my question is simple, but it's important to me and in research I couldn't solve it.

I would like to change the Devtools Position from "Undock" to "Dock to left", but as there is no menu in "Control and Customize Devtools", I couldn't.

There is a way to do this, as I downloaded "RJTextEd" on 02/02/2022.

Thank you so much.
pjj

Re: DevTools Position.

Post by pjj »

I'm not sure what you mean by "Devtools" -- a panel (View > Panels > ...)? Don't you see visual hints in the form of cross of mini-fields where you can dock it (see attachment below), when you move it with your mouse? Simply put, you can drag a panel to one of screen's borders, and when you see blue opaque field just drop it on it to "dock".
dockable-panels.png
dockable-panels.png (52.22 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
If you want a panel (or a panel group) to autohide/stay put, click on the pin icon within its header.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
msall

Post by msall »

Thanks for your quick support, "pjj".

The DevTools I am referring to is the developer tool built into "MicrosoftEdgeWebview2"
Which shows the console (among other features)

Usually it is positioned by selecting the menu (...) (Customize and control DevTools), in a specific item (Edge, Chromim, Chrome, and derivatives), however this item is not available in the Devtools of "RJTexted".

But your information was useful to get to know the Application better.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
DevTools.jpg
DevTools.jpg (551.78 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
pjj

Post by pjj »

Oh, I see; I don't use Edge Preview, hence my confusion.

I guess it is embedded Edge Preview DevTools's own limitation (because why would Rickard want to switch it off?), which sadly can't be circumvented via command. I think you need -- at least for the time being -- position two windows next to each other (here's a quick video tutorial should you need one).
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Sadly it can't be docked. The WebView2 control only opens the Edge developer tools in a stand alone window.

(I did add a button to open the devtools window in the next release, for those who don't want to use the context menu...)
msall

Post by msall »

Thanks for your answer!