FIXED: crash on reboot

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
DerellLicht1

FIXED: crash on reboot

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I have an occasional crash in RJTE... this happens if RJTE is running and I reboot the computer without manually closing the editor first... I am using current version, and OS is Windows 10 Pro.

I'll note that I typically *always* have RJTE running; I keep some notepad and other reference files open in it, for handy access.

When I reboot the computer, I often (but *not* always, sadly) get a crash dialog from RJTE; I just forwarded the most recent one to you. After the machine reboots and I restart the editor, with no command-line args, it has forgotten my current file list and just opens with an empty new1.txt file...

So why does this happen? None of the files which are sitting in RJTE are modified; I always save immediately after changes... I'm guessing that it gets the TERM signal from the OS, and tries to do some kind of last-minute save, but even if that's necessary (though I don't think it is, in most cases), nothing is changed in the current-file status, so I don't know why that gets flushed in the crash ???

Is it possible for our Illustrious Leader to take a look at this issue??
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: crash on reboot

Post by Rickard Johansson »

It's been fixed in the next release (v15.60). Thanks!
DerellLicht1

Re: FIXED: crash on reboot

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Thank you so much, Master!! I *really* appreciate your prompt support.
I'm sure I'll be testing this before long...