FIXED? rtl280.bpl Access violations

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

FIXED? rtl280.bpl Access violations

Post by inspector71 »

I get more of these than I'd like.

Almost always when I'm saving remotely.

This time in 15.60 beta 1 (64bit) ... with my old TextEd.ini and Data/* files copied into the 'portable' version.

Expect there are cases where that is simply due to me forgetting I can seemingly open a file but not write it, due to permissions.

Perhaps the error handling for permission issues when saving remotely could use some tweaking?

Is rtl280.bpl related to networking? Every time I see this error I think rtl is short for Realtek and that perhaps RJTE is randomly allergic to Realtek network adaptors.

15 years ago I had an application crash issue that was traced all the way to a specific Netgear card. Guess I've never forgotten that apps can have issues at that driver (?) level despite all the layers between.

About the same ago, I remember manually configuring Debian drivers just to get a network simple connection. That involved specifying the driver name that was often obscure because it was based on the chips of a device, not the branding of the manufacturer. Realtek drivers were called "rtltoo" IIRC (probably not).
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: rtl280.bpl Access violations

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I may have fixed this in the next release (v15.60 final). I found a few issues in remote open and save code.

BTW. RTL stands for Run Time Library and is used in almost all Delphi applications (rtlxxx.bpl).
inspector71

Re: rtl280.bpl Access violations

Post by inspector71 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 17 Aug 2022 08:28 I may have fixed this in the next release (v15.60 final). I found a few issues in remote open and save code.
Sweet!
Rickard Johansson wrote: 17 Aug 2022 08:28 BTW. RTL stands for Run Time Library and is used in almost all Delphi applications (rtlxxx.bpl).
Aye, but she'll always be Realtek to me, Jimmy :)