Version 1.0

A lite version of RJ TextEd with only the editor part left.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Version 1.0

Post by Rickard Johansson »

MPad is a lite version of RJ TextEd. It only has the editor part. Everything else have been stripped away.

MPad100.png
MPad100.png (40.96 KiB) Viewed 1887 times

Download
MPad 32bit version
MPad 64bit version
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: Version 1.0

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

MPad is gorgeous. Starts up very quickly, is very configurable and has the functionality that Context had, results so far from brief testing/config.

The only obvious thing still missing for me is the modal search box. As I work mainly on laptops with smaller screens, opening multiple windows, my editor is often positioned with the bottom slightly off screen with the main viewing area in the middle. Every time I press CTRL+F to search I expect the modal search to pop up as it has done in every IDE I have ever owned since the QB4.5 days. I won't be able to operate with the search at the bottom so, hopefully, you'll tell me a config option to alter that or perhaps that could come back at some point? For me, modal pop up on search is the default, having become used to it for over 24 years now. Search at the bottom is new-fangled and rather strange and seems only suitable for larger screen types.

I have MPad in my dock now and I will be using it alongside Context and reporting any quirks or differences that impact usage negatively. So far in brief usage, none found. The improvements over Context are significant, the document map being the most obvious at the moment.

mpad01.png
mpad01.png (77.04 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: Version 1.0

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Rickard, Where do you want bug reports?

I'll stick one here for the moment.

I have set MPad's theme style to "Windows", to closely match the style of Context and other windows as in Win 7 Classic Theme. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
mpad02.png
mpad02.png (77.25 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
All good but MPad's main menu is now black text on a black background.

It does not matter which menu style is selected, the problem remains.

When you hover over them they come to life and are visible as blue background and white text. I imagine that the default themeing is not quite respecting the Windows classic theme configuration.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/