Cursor blocking; large sections invisible

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

Re: Cursor blocking; large sections invisible

Post by inspector71 »

I'm trying to portable.

It's no good to me, unfortunately, unless I can start where I left off, as it were. So I copied my TextEd.ini

However there's toolbars and, most importantly, recently opened files plus FTP / remote server settings.

Can I copy those settings across as well? If so, where are they?
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

It should be safe to copy everything in %AppData%\Roaming\RJ TextEd\Data\
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 15 Aug 2022 06:57 It should be safe to copy everything in %AppData%\Roaming\RJ TextEd\Data\
Thanks Rickard

That gave me everything but the recently opened / closed tabs/files.

That's enough to go on with. Let's see how things go.
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

UPDATE: I may have been using 15.* inadvertently when I experienced what appeared to be an example of this issue.

I havea taskbar shortcut to my 'installed' (non 'portable') RJTE instance. Whereas I was running the portable version from the .bat shortcut. Forgot to do that once, started working in 15.* and may have thought I was in the portable 16 version. Although yeah, I'd have expected to notice a different set of tabs from the restored session.

I guess I'll keep an eye out but best to treat below with a grain of salt for now.

This bug has been improved a lot. I've gone days without seeing it. Once or twice the last couple of days it's re-occured. However, if I fold again, it goes away.