Disable scroll synchronisation in dual pane mode

Make a request or discuss new features.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Disable scroll synchronisation in dual pane mode

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Don't you think a clone should refer to a new instance of an object? Therefore, not the same thing and if you change anything on the clone it would not be applied to the original (and vice versa)? There are split view functions (horizontal/vertical) which make more sense to have 2 views of the same document.
The clone function was borrowed (or stolen :shock: ) from NotePad++ and that's how it works in NP++. NP++ doesn't have a split view feature, so cloning was probably added as a substitute.

I'll change the behavior in v15.63, so if you clone a document "MyCode.js" it will create a new tab with the same content but named "MyCode (clone).js", or something similar...
inspector71

Re: Disable scroll synchronisation in dual pane mode

Post by inspector71 »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 20 Sep 2022 12:54
Don't you think a clone should refer to a new instance of an object? Therefore, not the same thing and if you change anything on the clone it would not be applied to the original (and vice versa)? There are split view functions (horizontal/vertical) which make more sense to have 2 views of the same document.
The clone function was borrowed (or stolen :shock: ) from NotePad++ and that's how it works in NP++. NP++ doesn't have a split view feature, so cloning was probably added as a substitute.

I'll change the behavior in v15.63, so if you clone a document "MyCode.js" it will create a new tab with the same content but named "MyCode (clone).js", or something similar...
Stolen? Hehe, I wouldn't worry about that. Vast majority of web developers most likely reply on that from the start of their careers!

Taking inspiration right down to actually got pull ing specific commits into your code to toy around with, is only a good thing I reckon.

Hopefully that change of behaviour is helpful for everyone 😁