Command list

Discuss any editing or program related subjects.
RMikeS

Command list

Post by RMikeS »

RJ TextEd is a fine program. It has so many features that it’d take a very long time learn and use them all.

I’ve been scouring the help files trying to find a list of the commands available for customizing the keyboard that I can cut and paste from to insert into a recorded macro. I don’t seem to be able to find such a list. The help file lists some useful keyboard shortcut keys, but does not give the proper spelling for using to cut and paste from AND it is not all inclusive.

Can you help me out here?

Thank you,
RMikeS
HSeldon

Re: Command list

Post by HSeldon »

Is this what you are looking for?

Environment / Customize keyboard...
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
RMikeS

Post by RMikeS »

Not really. First, that list is not cut and paste. Secondly, if you type any of those commands into a macro, the macro will not save the changes, which leads me to believe that the list is just descriptions, not command names the program will recognize.

What I am looking for is a list of commands that I can use in a macro. I'd prefer some sort of txt or pdf file. I know the app has an internal list, but I'd like one that I can print out to keep next to me (for a cheat sheet) when writing a macro, hopping back and forth between the help app and the home site to for commands help is just too cumbersome. The commands in RJ TextEdit are very descriptively named, so I just need a list of the command names.

The macro I created took way too long do to all the scattered help references. It is only for a small task, but it deals with a very long text list generated by RoboCopy using the LOG option.
I've been doing this by hand but it is far too tedious. I was starting to write a VB program to do this process, when I thought of using RJ TextEdit to simplify the task instead. This method is a HUGE time savings for me.

Is there such a quick reference available to shorten my development time for the next task?

Thanks,
RMikeS

P.S. If anyone is interested, this was my project ...
The next line after this paragraph is the command line I used to have RoboCopy copy all files from my active drive (Y:), excluding both the @Recycle and @Recently-Snapshot folders, to a backup drive (W:) that have the archive bit set, then, after the file has been successfully copied, clear the archive bit of the source file. It provides the full path for the *EXTRA file and folder names.These names are then used for a .bat file to delete all the extras.

Descriptions for theextensive RoboCopy options can be found by going to DOS shell and typing Robocopy /?

robocopy Y:\ W:\ *.* /X /FP /NS /TEE /E /DCOPY:DAT /COPY:DAT /NP /M /R:12 /W:10 /XD @Recently-Snapshot\ /XD @Recycle\ /LOG:L:\RobocopyReports\VideoReport.txt

What follows next is a copy of the RoboCopy output, with about 48000 lines removed from the middle to keep it example size. :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBOCOPY :: Robust File Copy for Windows
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 3:28:04 PM
Source : Y:\
Dest : W:\

Files : *.*

Exc Dirs : @Recently-Snapshot
@Recycle

Options : *.* /X /FP /NS /TEE /S /E /DCOPY:DAT /COPY:DAT /NP /M /R:12 /W:10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y:\
Y:\Movies\
*EXTRA Dir W:\Movies\Stranger By The Lake (2013)\
Y:\Movies\100 Bullets (2016)\
Y:\Movies\3 Geezers! (2013)\
Y:\Movies\355, the (2022)\
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\355, the (2022)\355, The (2022).Eng {SDH].srt
Y:\Movies\Ad Astra (2019)\
Y:\Movies\Adam Project, the (2022)\
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Adam Project, the (2022)\Adam Project, the (2022).Eng [SDH].srt
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Blood In, Blood Out (1993)\Blood In, Blood Out (1993).Eng [SDH].srt
Y:\Movies\Christmas movies\
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Christmas movies\The Christmas Chronicles\The Christmas Chronicles (2018).mp4
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Christmas movies\The Christmas Chronicles\The Christmas Chronicles (2018).srt
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Christmas movies\The Christmas Chronicles\The Christmas Chronicles 2 (2020).mkv
*EXTRA File W:\Movies\Christmas movies\The Christmas Chronicles\The Christmas Chronicles 2 (2020).srt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Copied Skipped Mismatch FAILED Extras
Dirs : 5159 0 5159 0 0 7
Files : 48499 0 48499 0 0 31
Bytes : 8.145 t 0 8.145 t 0 0 8.285 g
Times : 0:02:30 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:02:30
Ended : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 3:30:34 PM
HSeldon

Post by HSeldon »

Are the 'Commands' listed in the help file under 'Macros' of any help?
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I think all commands are listed in the help https://www.rj-texted.se/Help/index.htm under "Macros", as HSeldon mentioned.