DONE: Customize Icon positions on Toolbars

Make a request or discuss new features.
yereverluvinuncleber

DONE: Customize Icon positions on Toolbars

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

I have to state that I don't know whether this can be done already but I have tried and found no current method. There may well be a text json file that we can edit but I haven't delved that deep yet.

For the standard user it would be most useful to have the capability of ordering the icons in the toolbar to suit our own specific use, via the customise icon GUI.

I have other editors that I use more frequently and it would be good to have the icon order in RJTe to match those other editors. A the moment you can enable individual icons at will and make some of them appear on either of the two toolbars but it would be most useful to be able to order them within a toolbar to suit a particular use.

The image above just shows some additional buttons added to change the order of the icons as they appear in the list. I feel the vertical placement of the icons in this GUI is a little misleading, so the icons have to be moved up/down in the list when it really ought to be right/left. However, changing the orientation might be too much of a change.

I'll leave it to you to figure out. A useful improvement I feel.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RJTe REQUEST: Customise Icon positions on Toolbars

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Added in version 15.83. Thanks!
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: DONE: Customize Icon positions on Toolbars

Look forward to seeing this!
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
pjj

Post by pjj »

Stop looking and start upgrading ;) This version is already out.
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
yereverluvinuncleber

It is very good. For better or worse I have become used to the VB6 IDE as my standard, for toolbar icon placement. When I use another IDE with loads of icons in differing orders it is like peering into the dark looking for an owl.

Knowing approximately where the icon is on the toolbar is a big help. Thanks for this.