DONE: rjProj file to retain all info. when relocated

Make a request or discuss new features.
yereverluvinuncleber

DONE: rjProj file to retain all info. when relocated

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

I have previously created .rjproj files in a specific folder which is not in the same folder as the individual projects, all my .rjproj files are located in the same single folder for convenience.

I now want to place the .rjproj and rjprojcfg files in the actual code folder for the actual project. The reason I am doing this is that I want to make the rjproj an essential part of my project on github. All the end user will need to do is to download my project from GH, install RJTextED, click on the rjProj file and it will open the project just as it does on my PC.

However, when I copy my original .RJproj file and then open it in the new location the folder tree is missing and other strange things occur, such as a dialog to open a new file. Can you suggest what I need to do to make an existing RJProj file work in the new location?

It may well have been a mistake to locate .RJproj files where I did in the first place but it if I can tweak each to fix them then I only have thirty or so .RJProj files to modify...

Can you take this as a request to make the RJProj file portable? Whether this is possible or not I will leave to you. It might be as simple as allowing relative locations in the folder structure rather than absolute locations.

Or, perhaps if the current path is not found/valid then a dialog asking for the new location?
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RJTe REQUEST: rjProj file to retain all info. when relocated

Post by Rickard Johansson »

All paths are relative in the next release (v15.91). I may have to release a beta 2 version so you can test it out and make sure it's working properly.

Also, to change paths in project options you have to open project settings and press OK to save all paths.
yereverluvinuncleber

Re: DONE: rjProj file to retain all info. when relocated

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

Very good, will test.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/