FIXED? Only partial undo on Search and Replace

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
yereverluvinuncleber

FIXED? Only partial undo on Search and Replace

Post by yereverluvinuncleber »

I did a silly thing and made a global change on a series of files using the Search and Replace facility. I was not happy with the result of my changes so I pressed CTRL/Z to undo the changes. At the time I had seven or eight files open. The ctrl/z reversed the changes in the current file (.js) but only partially restored the changes in another file.

The strings to replace were lower2Gauge. lower2String and I wanted them to become: buildBottomGauge and buildBottomString

The change forced was something like :

Search: lower2
Replace: buildBottom

Find in all files was checked.

The change occurred and the strings became buildBottomGauge and buildBottomString as expected. However, when I pressed ctrl/z to reverse, an open XML file was left in a partially restored state. The buildBottom change was removed but the lower2 original string was not reinstated.

I was left with several occurrences of just 'Gauge' and 'String' in several places within that file.

Something funny happening there in the undo of a global search and replace.
"Noli pati a scelestis opprimi"... or is it "non lacessit illegitimae te carborundum"?

You can find me on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/gallery/
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: RJTe Bug: Only partial undo on Search and Replace

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I can't reproduce it, but I made some code changes to make sure the undo data structure always has enough memory to save all changes in next release (v15.92). Thanks!