tab text color anomalies

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
DerellLicht1

tab text color anomalies

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I brought this topic up previously, a year or two back, but it never got addressed...
Permit me to broach it again...

I'm using RJTE 15.96 on Windows 10 Pro...
I use the Windows 10 SlateGray theme, and have heavily modified the syntax highlighting colors, though that shouldn't have anything to do with this issue...

I use a program called WindowBlinds to modify the Windows display elements of the display...
In RJTE, selecting a new WB theme changes the colors and appearance of the title bars, menu bar, and the *background* of the program tabs...
but it does *not* change the font nor foreground color of the tabs - those are set by RJTE itself...

The quirk that I experience is this: whenever I select a new WindowBlinds theme, I need to go into RJTE and set the foreground color for the tabs...
That *shouldn't* be a problem, but there is a quirk here...
If I try to select this color (labeled 'Text color') in the 'Document tabs' tab for 'Windows 10 SlateGray', the selected color simply is not used!!
You can see this in the included image; note that I've selected a bright-red color for 'Text color', and it has been applied (the Apply button is greyed out)...
the example tab shows my changed colors - but, the actual tabs are still using the dark-green color that I had previously selected...

What I have to do is this:
- change the Theme to 'Windows'
- go to the 'Documents tabs' tab, select the color that I want, hit Apply button
at that point, the tabs are changed to my selected color
- go back and change the Theme to 'Windows 10 SlateGray' ...
At that point, all my other colors from W10SG are active, and the tabs are still using the color that I selected under Windows theme...

Is this expected behavior?? Shouldn't the 'Documents tabs' tab use the colors that I've actually selected??
rjte.quirk.jpg
rjte.quirk.jpg (111.01 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: tab text color anomalies

Post by Rickard Johansson »

It works as expected when not using WindowBlinds. I think you should use the plain Windows theme and in customize theme - create a new editor color profile and import the colors you want (export your current colors to a file first, then import...).