-----------------------------------------------------------
Version 16.68 (Sep 28, 2026)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Markdown
Made several improvements to highlighting and preview display.
* Should handle backticks to inline code, e.g. ```` ```foo````.
* YAML frontmatter comment highlighting and preview display.
* Table highlighting.
* Should handle large base64 encoded image blocks better.
Added an option to convert markdown to HTML before preview in external browser. You can turn this off if your browser has a markdown viewer extension.
Close and minimize
The app should behave better now when several close and minimize options are used together.
Rust
* Shebang (#!/usr/bin/env rustx) is now highlighted as comment.
* Attributes (#[cfg(target_os = "linux")]) are also highlighted.
FIXED
* Highlight issues in CSS and HTML files.
* Spellcheck issue.
* Font size in fold-hint.
* New file drop-down menu issues.
Download
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta ... ll_x86.exe
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta ... ll_x64.exe
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta/rj-portable.exe
Version 16.68 beta 1
- DerellLicht1
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
- Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
I tried installing this via the update menu; it ran to completion, but then displayed an notification error message saying "install failed", and version was still 16.67.
So I downloaded the 64-bit installer below, ran it with TextEd initially closed; it didn't display any install errors, but version is still 16.67.
BTW, "Update History" is still back at 16.66
I tested with this .md file, and it still has the same issues as before, but since it appears to be V16.67 still, that's probably not surprising...
So I downloaded the 64-bit installer below, ran it with TextEd initially closed; it didn't display any install errors, but version is still 16.67.
BTW, "Update History" is still back at 16.66
I tested with this .md file, and it still has the same issues as before, but since it appears to be V16.67 still, that's probably not surprising...
- Rickard Johansson
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7003
- Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
I've re-uploaded the files. Please try again 
- DerellLicht1
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
- Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
Nope, both methods fail just the same, and I'm still at V16.67 ...
You *did* intend that I download using the links above, yes??
You *did* intend that I download using the links above, yes??
- Rickard Johansson
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7003
- Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
When you run the installer does it say it's installing version 16.68 beta 1?
- Rickard Johansson
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7003
- Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
Just in case it's a Cloudflare cache issue - I turned off the cache. If you don't have the correct version - wait a minute or two and try to download it again...
- DerellLicht1
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
- Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
Hah!! This time it worked beautifully!!
I'm now on 16.68 beta 1 ...
Okay, off to test .md files...
I'm now on 16.68 beta 1 ...
Okay, off to test .md files...
Re: Version 16.68 beta 1
No problem here, just click update in the help menu, wait for download, install, select language, go go go, it will restart and display the new version (still not able to select and copy the version string, see feature request somewhere
)
