Version 16.68 beta 1

Test beta versions and make bug reports.
I will release major beta builds only. Bugs fixed will be rolled up into the next major beta build or the finished version.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin
Posts: 7003
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29

Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by Rickard Johansson »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Version 16.68 (Sep 28, 2026)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Markdown
Made several improvements to highlighting and preview display.

* Should handle backticks to inline code, e.g. ```` ```foo````.
* YAML frontmatter comment highlighting and preview display.
* Table highlighting.
* Should handle large base64 encoded image blocks better.

Added an option to convert markdown to HTML before preview in external browser. You can turn this off if your browser has a markdown viewer extension.

Close and minimize
The app should behave better now when several close and minimize options are used together.

Rust
* Shebang (#!/usr/bin/env rustx) is now highlighted as comment.
* Attributes (#[cfg(target_os = "linux")]) are also highlighted.

FIXED
* Highlight issues in CSS and HTML files.
* Spellcheck issue.
* Font size in fold-hint.
* New file drop-down menu issues.

Download
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta ... ll_x86.exe
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta ... ll_x64.exe
https://www.rj-texted.se/downloads/beta/rj-portable.exe
User avatar
DerellLicht1
Posts: 238
Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
Location: Fremont, CA, USA

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

I tried installing this via the update menu; it ran to completion, but then displayed an notification error message saying "install failed", and version was still 16.67.

So I downloaded the 64-bit installer below, ran it with TextEd initially closed; it didn't display any install errors, but version is still 16.67.
BTW, "Update History" is still back at 16.66

I tested with this .md file, and it still has the same issues as before, but since it appears to be V16.67 still, that's probably not surprising...
User avatar
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin
Posts: 7003
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I've re-uploaded the files. Please try again :(
User avatar
DerellLicht1
Posts: 238
Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
Location: Fremont, CA, USA

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Nope, both methods fail just the same, and I'm still at V16.67 ...

You *did* intend that I download using the links above, yes??
User avatar
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin
Posts: 7003
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by Rickard Johansson »

When you run the installer does it say it's installing version 16.68 beta 1?
User avatar
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin
Posts: 7003
Joined: 19 Jul 2006 14:29

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Just in case it's a Cloudflare cache issue - I turned off the cache. If you don't have the correct version - wait a minute or two and try to download it again...
User avatar
DerellLicht1
Posts: 238
Joined: 23 Jul 2021 17:38
Location: Fremont, CA, USA

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by DerellLicht1 »

Hah!! This time it worked beautifully!!
I'm now on 16.68 beta 1 ...

Okay, off to test .md files...
ScrKiddle
Posts: 59
Joined: 05 Aug 2026 03:15

Re: Version 16.68 beta 1

Post by ScrKiddle »

about.png
about.png (21.88 KiB) Viewed 195 times
No problem here, just click update in the help menu, wait for download, install, select language, go go go, it will restart and display the new version (still not able to select and copy the version string, see feature request somewhere :-D )
Post Reply