Help with keywords that contain a dot '.'

Discuss syntax highlighting or submit new syntax files.
Gummy

Help with keywords that contain a dot '.'

Post by Gummy »

Hi --

I am trying to add some additional keywords to the SQL Syntax file to highlight stored procedures/functions that I commonly reference in other stored procedures and would like for them to stand out in another color.

There seems to be a problem when a keyword contains a '.' (without quotes). When I type a keyword in the Editor that contains a dot, it doesn't highlight it. But if I type another keyword in the list, it does show.

For example, I have a keyword list of TEST that contains dbo.MyStoredProcedure and AnotherStoredProcedure. When I type AnotherStoredProcedure in the Editor, it is color coded as I setup in the Configuration Tools for Highlighting SQL. But, when I type dbo.MyStoredProcedure, it shows in the text color with no highlighting.

Let me know if you need me to provide screenshots.

Thank you for the help and keep up the good work!

Gummy
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

I'll look into it when I get the time. It may be a bug...
NTB

Post by NTB »

Open the SQL syntax definition, and take the period out of the 'symbols' list - that should allow you to use '.' as part of a keyword :)

I had to do the same thing with a custom definition for a language called Envision Basic - all of the built-in subroutines use '.' as separators within the name.

Nathan