FIXED: Find-in-Files directory field sometimes autoselects, messing up what I'm typing

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
primehalo

FIXED: Find-in-Files directory field sometimes autoselects, messing up what I'm typing

Post by primehalo » 25 Sep 2019 02:13

Sometimes in the Find in Files area when I'm trying to manually edit the directory-to-search, the box will automatically select a value from the history list while I'm typing thus messing up what I'm trying to type. Here is a video of it happening:
https://youtu.be/YopM9toJrLU

I'm trying to change the last folder from "!bin" to "!!admin" so I backspace to delete the "bin" part and type "!". As soon as I do that it auto-selects a different folder that starts with "!!" and fills it in. This gets highlighted so the very next character I type deletes the whole line. Then by habit I try Ctrl-Z to undo the deletion but of course the undo occurs for the document, not the search's directory field. So I have to "redo" to put back the unintentional document undo, select a folder from the search folder history, and start over trying to type in the directory I want to search.

Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Find-in-Files directory field sometimes autoselects, messing up what I'm typing

Post by Rickard Johansson » 01 Oct 2019 13:43

Should work in v14.20 (final). Thanks!