Highlight problem in 'dark' themes

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
OldSalt

Highlight problem in 'dark' themes

Post by OldSalt » 26 Nov 2019 06:05

Thank you for developing TextEd. I've been using it to edit text and html files since v9.20 and found it very useful.

I have found problems with TextEd which have disturbed me for a while. When I am using a 'dark' theme (I use Charcoal Dark Slate, but it happens in other dark themes also) and using the Find/Replace in Folder function, while loading multiple files into RAM (529 files, 14.4 Meg) a blank 'Progress Display' appears (sometimes with a bright background).

Having selected 'Search with Preview' the Preview display then appears.

When I expand the first file in the preview list, the 'found' line(s) and the 'replace' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a dark gray background.

When I expand the second file in the preview list, the 'found' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a white background (almost invisible) and the 'replace' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a dark gray background.

When I expand the third file in the list to view, the 'found' line(s) and the 'replace' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a dark gray background.

When I expand the fourth file in the list to preview, the 'found' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a white background (almost invisible) and the 'replace' line(s) are displayed with light gray letters on a dark gray background.

This alternating continues to the last file displayed, and has done it since ver. 13-90. The 'found list' displays properly when using the 'Find' function.

I have downloaded and installed the portable version each time, using the 64-bit portion of ver. 14-20 presently, have not deleted the 32-bit files nor changed the supplied .ini file outside the 'Enviroment > Options' function.

The computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop (Intel i5 processor, 8G ram) with Win 10 installed.