FIXED? Code folding

Report issues, odd behaviors or submit a detailed bug report.
inspector71

FIXED? Code folding

Post by inspector71 »

Tried to search for an existing post containing "folding" or "code folding" to avoid dupes. Idiotic phpBB search config blocks the search because the words are too common!

Regardless, I may have discovered a possibly niche case where code folding breaks.

Occasionally I will change branches in git running on my remote server. Then "Reload current document", effectively downloading the version from the current, but just switched to, branch, of the file with the same path and filename, into the same tab. This appears to cause folding to simply fail throughout the whole file. It's almost as if RJTE fails before it begins trying to apply folding ... or in this instance, does not realise it needs to apply / re-apply folding, perhaps because the filename and download path have not changed ... only the contents have changed?

FWIW, maybe nothing, the same seems to apply any time git changes the file on the server, such as when I gundo (alias gundo='git checkout -- ') changes in my workspace.
Last edited by inspector71 on 28 Aug 2022 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
pjj

Re: Code folding

Post by pjj »

inspector71 wrote: 28 Aug 2022 04:03 Idiotic phpBB search config blocks the search because the words are too common!
Yeah, it's sucks big time, but there's a simple workaround.

Rickard, can you please fix it for good? It seems to be easy:
1) set ACP > Search settings > Common word threshold to 0
2) recreate index
3) ...
4) profit!

Alternatively you may want to install Google Search extension, but I don't think it will be necessary when basic search is fixed. Many thanks in advance!
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

pjj wrote: 28 Aug 2022 08:10
inspector71 wrote: 28 Aug 2022 04:03 Idiotic phpBB search config blocks the search because the words are too common!
Yeah, it's sucks big time, but there's a simple workaround.
Thanks pjj.

I was a bit scared to mention it so I appreciate knowing I'm not the only person having this trouble.

Also thanks for the work around. Not sure why I did not instinctively try the old asterix. Maybe SQL's % works a well but trust could put us in SQL injection territory so safer not to go down that route 🤭
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Thanks! I think I've fixed it in next release (v15.61).

Reload current document
All code folds are now opened and document re-scanned for folding areas.