[15.80b2] Ligatures are broken

Post bug reports when testing beta versions here.
pjj

[15.80b2] Ligatures are broken

Post by pjj »

In the newest beta programming ligatures are broken in the code, though retained inside comments.

Multi-color brackets seems to be very good! (Are the underlines for currently highlighted ones optional?)
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: [15.80b2] Ligatures are broken

Post by Rickard Johansson »

(Are the underlines for currently highlighted ones optional?)
Yes! You'll find several options in the customize themes dialog for highlighted braces.
In the newest beta programming ligatures are broken in the code
Brackets needs to be drawn individually for multi-color brackets to work. All other ligatures should work though. I'll fix it.
pjj

Post by pjj »

Rickard Johansson wrote: 06 Feb 2023 23:14 Yes! You'll find several options in the customize themes dialog for highlighted braces.
Wow, this seems to be very useful! :-D

However, small nitpick (please disregard it if you want) -- the top and bottom parts of the highlighting block are a tad thinner then the center:
brace-bold.png
brace-bold.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
My real question is about option "none", with braces not visible at all:
braces-none.png
braces-none.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
Is this effect intended, or is it a bug? :?
Alium tibi quaere fratrem; hic, quem tuum putas, meus est. Titus Flāvius Caesar Vespasiānus Augustus
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Post by Rickard Johansson »

My real question is about option "none", with braces not visible at all:
Is this effect intended, or is it a bug? :?
The first color is used as the font color with the option "None". It should probably be used with bold as well, if a background color is used. Otherwise, they may become invisible :?
pjj

Post by pjj »

Of course! I saw these two colors were the same yet somehow I disregarded this information... and then my brackets became invisible :roll: So, with two distinct colors option "None" is simply the old one. Cool!