FIXED: Explorer Dialoge - find files when I press key, do not stay at folders.

Make a request or discuss new features.
bodomalo

FIXED: Explorer Dialoge - find files when I press key, do not stay at folders.

Post by bodomalo »

Hi

I hope you understand my request.

The "normal" behaviour of any file explorer (windows) is, that if you press for example the key "s" it will jump to the first folder/file starting with s (like 'SCHOOL') and when I press "s" again and again it will jump to the next folder/file...or then to just down to the files...like 'super.txt'...."sz.doc" and so on.

I use this a lot to find my files, but it does not work on RJ Editor. It will just stay at the first file it can find (SCHOOL) forever. I know it is possible to write more (like S-U) and it will jump down to "super"...but if I just want to go to the next file with S it does nothing. And typing the whole file name is very complex..sometimes I do not even know the exact filename.
Also typing the full name does not work if you have a FOLDER with the same name (like I have a PAYPAL Folder and I have source files starting with 'paypal....' it will stay at the folder..and I can not even jump down to files starting with 'p'.

See how it behaves in oder software or "windows explorer". If you are used to it, you get mad with RJ :-(

Can you solve that? Would be so great.

Thanks
Rickard Johansson
Site Admin

Re: Explorer Dialoge - find files when I press key, do not stay at folders.

Post by Rickard Johansson »

Fixed in the next release (v15.94). Thanks!
bodomalo

Re: FIXED: Explorer Dialoge - find files when I press key, do not stay at folders.

Post by bodomalo »

wow, this was so fast..amazing!