RJ TextEd has become one of the best full-featured IDE's

Discuss any editing or program related subjects.
ajaxStardust

RJ TextEd has become one of the best full-featured IDE's

Post by ajaxStardust »

I used to use RJ TextEd as one of the primary editors back in the day. I can't remember what was the specific feature that I liked so much. It might have been the themes, but that's really usually low, or not even on my deal-breaker list of concerns-- nowadays at least. I definitely remember it having features that I appreciated at the time. That was probably around 2009 or so. I kind of got out of coding between 2014/15 - 2021. So I missed a lot of the changes that went on in terms of the evolution of apps like Visual Studio Code.

Things/ people are influenced by a different set of rules these days. It's strange times in which we live. I use VS Code, but I still go back to the old editors now and then because they just make more sense. Not all that plugin madness, etc. Log in. Blah blah. haha. I use it though.

Anyway. The point is. Man. RJ TextEd has become a really good example of what a full featured IDE can be. Despite the direction that a large part of the community seems to accept that things are headed. Can't stop that kind of juggernaut, but it's refreshing to use an app that isn't built on Chrome/ Edge WebView2 somehow (e.g. Figma desktop app, and so many others like it).

I noticed some of the big changes back in 2021 and used it for a while, but it has so many features built it and I like to mess with features, it gets to be too much for my ADD. Or something. I spend all of the time playing with that stuff. Mostly I guess because I'm a web developer. I look around for things like

Code: Select all

Server > HTTP/SSH > host >
or

Code: Select all

PHP > |7.4 / 8.2| "/usr/bin/php" > 
etc . I think I've figured out ways to make that work. That wasn't the point of the post. I just wanted to say, it's clear that RJ TextEd is a powerful text editor for an advanced programmer. It amazes me that you don't require payment for it honestly. Have you ever used PHPStorm. I can't believe what they expect of people for using that thing.

Last thing. I promise. That icon. I dunno if that's the one I made or not. I'll paste the orig SVG below. I don't know anything really about how the windows icons work. haha.
It's the only thing under "R" here